Sunday, April 20, 2008

Forbidden Kingdom

I took my 8 year old nephew (a brown belt in American Karate), my mom and sister-n-law to see Forbidden Kingdom last night. WOW! The action was pretty non-stop and Jackie Chan and Jet Li had some fantastic fight scenes. While I won't give the movie away...I was pleased to see almost every style of Kung Fu (Gung Fu) represented in the film. If you listen very carefully to Jackie Chan's expanation of one particular style...you'll recognize San Soo! I was also pleasantly surprise to see so many things I recognized in the fighting styles. They stayed very true to the arts and while there were some jaw dropping effects...anyone who is a martial artist can truly appreciate the fight sequences. I give it 4 out of 5 stars (ok...so the editing needed a little work). It is a really clean film and good for the whole family. Have fun!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ahhhh, I remember the days of going to movies... 16-month-olds and movie theaters don't mix so well. I'll have to take your word on this one until it comes out on Blue-ray :-) I am still working on that history of San Soo with the Five Families (which I am sure are a part of the movie)...