Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thursday 2/3 and still 15 Degrees!

OK...I'm trying to see the upside of 3 days of subfreezing temperatures....hmmmmm....oh I know!  Less summer bugs?  I know...it's a stretch. =)

As most everyone knows, temperatures today aren't expected to get out of the low 20's.  We can still expect rolling black outs today and while the more heavily traveled roads will most likely clear up, side streets, over passes and under passes will still be treacherous.

At this point its hard to tell if we will be able to open the school this evening.  I still can't get out of my driveway (OK...I can slide down it but can't get back up!).  As I am supposed to teach the 4:30/5:30 classes today...that could be a problem. So......

Master Robert and I are monitoring conditions.  Our two biggest concerns are the rolling blackouts and the re-freezing of any moisture that melts during the day as temperatures will go back down to the teens after dark.  Please monitor the website for additional info as we go thru the day.  I know all the major school districts including Keller and HEB are closed today.


To top it all off...additional snow is expected this evening late.  Not like what we had but it will make for an interesting Friday. 

Temperatures are supposed to be in the high 30's and 40's on Saturday, so we should be able to hold our Saturday classes with no problems.

Stay tuned for more info.

If you live in the HEB area and have street information, please email me at kris@rkmartialsciences.com.

Be safe out there!
Ms. Kris