Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Thursday 2/10 Classes are ON!

Looks like this turned out to be a lesser event than orginally thought so we WILL have classes on Thursday!

See you there!

Ms. Kris

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Winter Weather....Round 3!

Can you believe this?  Another Winter Storm headed our way tonight.  Weather folks are saying there is a 70% chance of more rain, freezing rain, sleet and snow due in North Texas beginning sometime after 10p tonight and ending around midday tomorrow and temperature is supposed to stay in the 20's on Wednesday and not get over freezing on Thursday.

As always the safety of our students and instructor's is our primary concern.  We will most likely have to cancel the SNAP class on Wednesday and there is a possibility we will have to cancel classes on Thursday.  The weather folks say the temps on Friday should be in the 40's so we should be good for Saturday classes.

The next ADVANCED FORMS class will be Friday February 25th due to Jason's travel schedule.  Please mark your calendar's.  As we go into March we may see the schedule change somewhat.  More to come on that.

Please stay tuned to the website or the RK Martial Sciences Facebook Fan Page for updates.

Ms. Kris

Friday, February 4, 2011

Saturday (2/5) Classes Cancelled

As much as we REALLY don't want to, Master Robert and I both agree conditions will not have improved enough in the morning to hold classes.

We hope by Monday the roads will have cleared and we should be able to hold class.  Stayed tuned!

Again, our apologies.  The safety of our instructors and students is always our priority.

Ms. Kris

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thursday 2/3 Updated 8:34A - CLASSES CANCELLED

I just received a report from our roving reporter Jacob, who braved the ice to bring us the conditions at the school.

The good news?  The school is still standing and no pipes have frozen and there's power.
The bad news?  Brown Trail is a solid sheet of ice between Hwy 183 and Bedford Rd as is the school parking lot.

So it looks like we will stay closed today.  No Thursday classes. 

We'll keep everyone posted on Saturday. 

I don't know about you guys but I'm starting to go a little stir crazy.  But I have been using this time to practice forms and other exercises. 

Stay warm everyone!
Ms. Kris

Thursday 2/3 and still 15 Degrees!

OK...I'm trying to see the upside of 3 days of subfreezing temperatures....hmmmmm....oh I know!  Less summer bugs?  I know...it's a stretch. =)

As most everyone knows, temperatures today aren't expected to get out of the low 20's.  We can still expect rolling black outs today and while the more heavily traveled roads will most likely clear up, side streets, over passes and under passes will still be treacherous.

At this point its hard to tell if we will be able to open the school this evening.  I still can't get out of my driveway (OK...I can slide down it but can't get back up!).  As I am supposed to teach the 4:30/5:30 classes today...that could be a problem. So......

Master Robert and I are monitoring conditions.  Our two biggest concerns are the rolling blackouts and the re-freezing of any moisture that melts during the day as temperatures will go back down to the teens after dark.  Please monitor the website for additional info as we go thru the day.  I know all the major school districts including Keller and HEB are closed today.


To top it all off...additional snow is expected this evening late.  Not like what we had but it will make for an interesting Friday. 

Temperatures are supposed to be in the high 30's and 40's on Saturday, so we should be able to hold our Saturday classes with no problems.

Stay tuned for more info.

If you live in the HEB area and have street information, please email me at kris@rkmartialsciences.com.

Be safe out there!
Ms. Kris

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Closing Update 2/2/11

Ok gang....looks like we're in for the coldest night we've seen in 15 years!  Temperatures around 10 degrees with windchills about -10!  ANY precipitation on the ground will freeze solid tonight (not like it thawed a whole lot today anyway).  It is not expected to climb out of the teens tomorrow either, so.....

We will NOT have the Wednesday night SNAP class. 

We'll make a determination tomorrow night once we can determine what road conditions will be like on Thursday about Thursday classes.  Stay tuned to the website for additional updates.

Remember to bring your pets in tonite.  Are furry friends are equipped for cold....but not this cold!

Be safe out there folks! 

RKMSF CLOSED TUESDAY 2/1/11

Well...the weather folks got it right!  The sleet started at my home in Roanoke at 3:25am...by 5am all roads and even yards were covered in sleet (about an inch).  The transition to snow with start shortly and they anticipate about 4-6" here. 

RKMSF will be closed today.  NO CLASSES.  If you HAVE to travel today...be VERY careful! Otherwise stay home, stay warm and enjoy the snow day!

The temperature is not expected to get out of the 20's tomorrow and we'll make the determination to cancel the SNAP class tomorrow morning.

Be safe folks!